Commitment to the protection and security of personal information is of paramount importance to us.
The purpose of this Policy is to inform you about our privacy practices and to ensure that you understand the purposes for which we collect and process your personal data. The following is a brief summary of our privacy practices.
This Policy does not apply to any data insofar as it is held, processed, disclosed or published in a form which cannot be linked to a living individual (such as anonymised data, aggregated data, or coded data which, in a given form, cannot effectively be used to extract your personal data) (“Anonymised and Aggregated Data”). We reserve the right to generate Anonymised and Aggregated Data extracted out of any databases containing your personal data and to make such use as we see fit of any such Anonymised and Aggregated Data.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions or wish to make any complaint in relation to our use of your data, please contact us via customer services using the following email address email@example.com
The type of information we collect and how we collect data
Account information: Information about your account can be found on our Terms and Conditions. To place and order you can create an account. To create an account, you are asked to submit details such as name, email address and telephone number, a password you create, and details of your method of payment.
Information given by Users: this includes information that we may ask Users to provide from time to time for research processes, quality control and to improve the Service. For example, we may collect such information through direct correspondence, surveys, other activities through the website etc.
Device and Browsing Information: From time to time, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect data for research, development and statistical purposes. This data includes but is not limited to data regarding the products that were recommended to you, products that you chose to purchase, other aspects of our website or other aspects of the Service. We may monitor browsing actions or usage patterns by Users, such as external sites you visit just before or after using our Services and information about your internet connection or device ID, such as your operating system or IP address.
How do we protect your personal data?
We use a range of technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data including the following:
• we only collect and maintain personal data insofar as is necessary for the proper functioning of the Service;
• we limit and control access to records of personal data to members of staff and Related Parties that require such access to perform their duties and services, through passwords, variable log-in rights and other technical and organisational access controls;
• we apply security measures (including as part of the cloud services we use and when using the services of Related Parties to process your data) including encryption, firewalls and physical security for our servers and information centres.
• we ensure confidentiality obligations are put in place when dealing with our Related Parties and other third parties;
• we avoid the collection or storage of personal data when it is unnecessary or for longer than reasonably needed or legally permitted or required and erase it (or anonymise it) once we no longer need it or are no longer required to keep it as personal data;
• User’s account details are held in our records for as long as the User maintains his or her account. The data is erased when the User’s account is closed down;
• data collected from monitoring Users’ use of the website is aggregated and anonymised before we share it with third parties.
We ask that you do not share your account password or log-in credentials with anyone. Please contact Customer Services immediately if you suspect unauthorised use of your account.
How to access, edit or delete your information
You can contact our Customer Services team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request access to, edit or delete any personal information you have provided to us. We cannot guarantee we will be able to grant a request to change information, for example, if we believe granting such a request would violate the law or cause the information to be incorrect. It may not be possible to retrieve, remove or correct data from any database where the data had been de-identified and/or aggregated.
Your legal rights
Users have the following legal rights in respect of their Personal Data:
1. The right to require us to advise you of the categories of your personal data that we process, the purpose of any such processing, the identity of third parties who receive your data from us, the period for which your personal data is stored and whether any automated decision-making processes are being used in relation to your personal data. You also have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data records;
2. The right to require us to rectify inaccurate personal data records;
3. The right to request the erasure of your personal data records. You have the right to require us to erase your personal data records where:
a) the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, such as where you choose to close your account (in which case, it is our policy to delete your data even without your request);
b) where the processing of the data is based on your consent and such consent is withdrawn (provided that the other circumstances described in the sections ‘When do we disclose your personal data to third parties?’ and ‘Lawful basis for processing users’ personal data’ above no longer apply); or
c) you object to the processing of your data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for justifying the data processing;
4. The right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, where an objection has been raised and is being investigated); and
5. The right to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances.
If we make changes to the Policy, the new version will be posted on the Service. We may change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless stated otherwise.